Your Cart : 0 item
Total : Free
Your Cart is currently empty!
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/home/ on line 25
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; hikashopCartHelper has a deprecated constructor in /usr/home/ on line 11
16,50 € each



Las ocho

Single-estate Denomination of Origin


Grape varieties

Bobal, Monastrell, Garnacha Tinta, Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Merlot.

Wine processing

Red wine. The wine is aged in French oak barrels for 14 months and further 12 months in bottle. Each grape variety is vinified separately. Fermentation is conducted at a controlled temperature below 25º C and maceration takes between 2 and 3 weeks depending on the variety. Turbo pigeage is done twice daily and two deléstage during maceration, when one and two thirds of the fermentation process have already been reached. While the devatting process, the free-run wine is separated from the press wine. Las Ocho is produced only with free-run wine. 75% of the wine for Las Ocho is transferred to French oak 220-litre barrels, while the remaining 25% is kept in tanks. Before bottling the wine, the final coupage is done blending these two juices. The percentage of each variety depends on the vintage.

Tasting notes

Colour: Ruby red with an intense layer. Clean and bright.
Nose: Fruit and balsamic aromas. Intense and elegant. Vanilla and toasted aromas. Blend of eight varieties aged in barrels made of oak from the Allier forests.
Palate: Powerful and fleshy. Balanced tasting in the mouth due to mature and round tannins. Balsamic tastings, vanilla, coffee and chocolate, with a slight mineral touch.


Serving temperature: approximately 14º- 16º. These features make of Las Ocho a suitable wine for a wide range of current gastronomic proposals. There is no doubt that it is a wine capable of balancing different types of meals. It respects the creamy texture of legumes while serving as support for condiments, spices and the pieces of meat that may accompany.

Wine tasting glass: Spliegelau Authentics 01

Food & wine pairings

It has an average round tannin that respects and enhances meat, such as hunting, lamb, chicken etc. It has a delicate taste in the mouth.

This wine has average round tannin that respects and enhances meats that have a gentle touch in mouth (i.e.: game meat, lamb, chicken, etc.). On the other hand, the huge variety of aromas and flavours provided by the eight grape varieties make up a palate that emphasizes or balances the following dishes:

Asturian bean stew
Tolosa black beans with partridge
Chicken in chilindrón sauce
White beans with partridge
Jugged hare
Festa major canneloni
Galician bean stew
Liébana stew
Aranese soup
Madrilenian chickpea stew
Porridge from La Mancha
Meaty stew from La Mancha
Rabbit in garlic sauce
Roast suckling pig
Sevillian-style lamb
Veal kidneys in sherry sauce
Rabbit stew with snails
Llauna-style snails
Beef meatball in mixed vegetable sauce
Beef lasagne
Aged or hard cheeses
Stewed partridge
Roasted woodpigeon or quail breast
Sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce
Venison casserole
Roast lamb
Duck confit




¿Quieres contactarnos?


Utilizamos cookies para mejorar nuestro sitio web y su experiencia al usuarlo. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Para saber más sobre las cookies que utilizamos vea nuestro Aviso Legal.

Acepto las cookies de este sitio